Your office represents your business goals. If you want to build a reputation, you have to make an office look trendy and sophisticated. Before you start with the design, consider spatial constraints. A large office with multiple rooms can have more amenities. A small office will have limited features but yet a unique charm of its own.
Office design needs a combination of art, strategy, innovation, and purpose. Acoustic design is one of the most important elements influencing the holistic design of an office. Incorporating acoustic elements does not capture space. So even a small office room has acoustic efficiency. You can improve acoustic features with the inclusion of acoustic absorbers in your place. Also, take lighting and functional basics like infrastructure and air quality into consideration. The office room must also look elegant and inviting. You must indeed go through décor basics provided below to craft a modern office setting.
1. Lighting: Lighting design is an indispensable element of office decorum. Try to maximize the inflow of natural light by having sufficient windows. Have East facing windows to have the blissful rays of the rising sun. Decorate the office room with fancy lights at entrance points and reception areas. Invest in energy-friendly lighting installations. You can try Photovoltaic panel powered lights. Such innovative features give a dynamic look to your office room.
2. Acoustics: Acoustic efficiency is a must have for a modern office. Effective communication facilitates company progress. So, you must integrate acoustic features in the design. You can cover your office walls with absorption panels. With improved acoustics, listening comprehension is much improved, especially inside a seminar or meeting hall. You can get custom specific panel designs to match unique requirements.
Invest in acoustic solutions which are of high quality. With the help of acoustic dampening, you can create an ambiance which brings down stress levels of observer's. Invest in acoustic solutions such that your wall can become a canvas for thoughts and ideas. Auditory comprehension is more effective in a room with acoustic infrastructure. Invest in versatile materials which can fit at many places inside an office premise. Also, there must be fire resilient and easy to maintain. The quality of informal communication is also required for fostering rapport with clients.
3. Infrastructure design: Office infrastructure is a significant contributor to the firm’s brand image. Infrastructure can be divided into communications infrastructure, technology infrastructure, security infrastructure, and comfort related infrastructure.
Communications infrastructure includes all amenities to build better communication ties in the office. Most modern offices are equipped with Enterprise Resource Planning(ERP) Systems where details of every employee and individual contributions are kept safely. Co-ordination and teamwork are crucial for team progress. Any updates are floated on the company ERP so that they stay informed even about the slightest developments.
Technology infrastructure is a prime facet and representative of company progress. To look modern, an office must have the latest and advanced devices and gadgets. If your office has a seminar hall, it must have amenities like LCD screens and projectors. The room must have acoustic features to enhance listening comprehension within the room.
Comforts infrastructure is a modern trend which helps employees get worth and value for their talent. Have lightweight furniture and user-friendly computing sets for your employees. Arrange your cabins according to overall size. Have flexible chairs to provide comfort for employees. Have sliding doors which can be operated quite easily by the user.
Security infrastructure includes amenities to safeguard official property and company resources. It includes devices such as smart alarms or Closed-circuit television cameras(CCTV).
4. Articulation: Express your creativity on your office walls. Office decoration style is an important contributor to modernity. Design the office with wallpapers, inspirational paintings, sculptures, handicrafts and any creative stuff you can think of. With such décor tips, you can add an extra dimension to your walls. An interplay of colors creates a clear pattern. With the help of decorative acoustical panels, you can create a beautiful ceiling in various designs. You can create a sky like an effect with the acoustic ceiling. Companies can display their logo with customized designs.
5. Sustainability: Add a modern touch to your office by introducing sustainability features. Going green is the most dominating trend nowadays. So invest in green and eco-friendly ideas. For instance, do not discard redundant papers. Convert them into decorative items. Convert any junk material into something aesthetic and functional. Let your walls spread the message of sustainability through exciting quotes. Install a rainwater harvesting system so that the rainwater gets collected in a sump rather than just being washed off.
6. Dynamic platform: The upcoming trend in office design is to create a dynamic platform for facilitating interaction. If employees can share their experiences and knowledge, they can better contribute to holistic development. Employees must get the freedom to walk freely in the office and share their ideas with their fellows and mentors. So glass barriers must be replaced with acoustic partition. The databases must always be updated with information regarding the latest developments on the company scale.
7. Express your personality in your office settings: If you are an office owner, add signature steps to specify the points in your office setting. For instance, if you are a music lover, you can have a single room with music systems for office party celebrations, if any.
8. Do not ignore cleanliness factor: Any place howsoever beautiful can drop in glamour if not maintained properly. So the office room floor must be cleaned every day. Preferably have moisture resistant tiles on the floor. The washrooms must have customer friendly faucets. Ensure every room is clean and tip-top before you leave your office.
Office decorum is a key contributor to company progress. Design tips can provide an attractive and modern touch to your office. Invest in acoustic solutions for curbing unwanted sound disturbances. Have an advanced infrastructure for your office. Ensure that the room has sufficient light and is adequately ventilated. Decorate the interiors with thematic wallpapers, acoustic panels, paintings, sculpture, and other artifacts. Include sustainable features to your office such as paper recycling or installing rainwater harvesting systems. Make the office space dynamic with creative design inputs.